Terms & Conditions
DUBLIN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL IS GOVERNED BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS, BY ATTENDING THE FESTIVAL YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THEM AND TO COMPLY BY ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- Unless otherwise stated, all ticket holders must be eighteen years or older to attend festival events and screenings and may be required to provide evidence of age. As a consequence of censorship and licensing requirements relating to the temporary importation of films for the Festival, it is necessary under Irish law that the Festival operate as a private club. Possession of a ticket for any film during the festival ensures membership to the Dublin International Film Festival and the cost of membership is included in the ticket price at the time of purchase.
- The Dublin International Film Festival has a strict no refund or exchange policy on all tickets purchased.
- The Festival reserves the right to make changes at any time to the content and schedule of the programme without prior notice in the case of any unforeseen circumstances.
- The managements of both the Festival and the relevant venues reserve the right to refuse admission, even when tickets have been purchased.
- All credit card ticket purchases are processed by the Dublin International Film Festival Box Office and will appear as such on your bill.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at the discretion of festival or venue staff.
- Possession of a ticket does not reserve a specific seat position except at specified screenings.
- The Management accepts no responsibility for possessions lost or stolen on the premises.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all graphics, logos and commercial markings are registered trademarks. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or modify any Trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to or distribution of materials in the Festival, without prior written consent.
- By attending festival events or screening or by purchasing a ticket you are agreeing that Dublin International Film Festival may use your name, image, picture and/or feedback comments in any media, worldwide, in connection with any account or transmission of festival events.
- Dublin International Film Festival reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - SURVEY
- One winner will be selected at random
- Winner must have a valid e-mail address for contact
- Winner's Season Ticket prize will be non-transferrable
- Season Ticket not redeemable for cash
- All festival Events are subject to DIFF's General Terms and Conditions above
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - GIFT VOUCHERS
- Vouchers are redeemable against tickets to the Dublin International Film Festival which takes place in February 2019.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given in any transaction using vouchers.
- When using gift vouchers all tickets must be booked in one transaction.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – SEASON TICKETS
- Season Tickets cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given in any transaction using a Season Ticket.
- All Season Ticket Holders must be 18 years or older and must be able to produce evidence of age.
- Season Tickets are valid for use against events as part of the 2019 Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival
- Does not include workshops and events, or events held out of select cinemas
- Season Ticket can only be used by the named holder of the ticket.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - SURPRISE FILM COMPETITION
- Competition is open to everyone over 18
- In order to enter the draw you need to follow @dublinfilmfest on twitter and use the hashtag #VMDIFFsurprise with your suggestion
- One winner will be chosen from all #VMDIFFsurprise tags
- In order to enter the draw you don’t have to guess the title - anyone who participates as above enters the draw
- There is only one prize to be won - Bring a Friend Season Ticket for more information about it see here.
- This competition is not affecting Surprise Film ticket holders chances to guess the film title before the screening as in previous years
Dublin International Film Festival respects your privacy and we protect the personal information you provide when purchasing tickets. The information you provide will be used only by ourselves to deliver services and to keep you informed and up-to-date with opportunities Dublin International Film Festival has to offer.
DIFF is fully compliant with Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003. DIFF has thoroughly applied the guidelines of Data Protection Commissioners to all its operations, involving Data Handling and Control. We use only Data Protection Complaint software providers. We do not keep your data indefinitely, and it is only stored for the transactional and (if opted in) marketing purposes, solely related and coming from the Festival, unless you have agreed to receive third party communications.
For online and phone bookings DIFF collects the following data: Customer's full name, full address, contact phone number and email address. Where the Customer's name is necessary for ticket collection; the full address is added security verification for credit card payment and/or for postage of tickets and/or products; phone number and email address are used for all the communication relating to the order and order only, unless the customer specifically opts in for other communication.
We keep your data on the system only for the necessary period of time up to a maximum of 4 years, if at any point, you wish to be removed from our database, please do not hesitate to contact us at +353 1 662 4260 or firstname.lastname@example.org