Are you interested in bringing the world’s best film to Dublin?
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is Ireland’s premier film event and has built a formidable reputation for delivering the very best in international film and film talent to Irish and International audiences each year. The festival is seeking an enthusiastic Programme Assistant to help us plan and deliver the internationally renowned Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival, which takes place over 12 days from February 20 to March 2 2019.
Reporting to the Festival Director, the Programme Assistant will provide essential administrative and curatorial support to the Programming Team (Festival Director and Associate Programmers) and manage the execution of the Industry strand of the programme.
Position: Programme Assistant
Contract: December 2018 – March 2019 (full time)
Application deadline: Friday 30 November, 5pm
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the Festival Director in the delivery of the finalised programme of films, documentaries and short films
- Work with the Festival Director in the development and execution of the Festival’s Public Events programme
- Work with marketing and publicity teams regarding promotion and marketing materials for these events
- Work with the Programming Team to develop content for the Festival catalogue, website and associated marketing material
- Liaise with Marketing regarding print and design of catalogue
- Provide admin support to the Festival Director and Projects Director as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in film festivals or the arts and cultural sectors
- A passion for film and an interest in international cinema
- Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in written, telephone and face-to-face
- Attention to detail and an organised and systematic approach to work
- Self-motivated, with a good sense of initiative
- A friendly, warm and approachable personality
- Proficiency in Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Calendars, Dropbox
How to Apply: please send a CV and short cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are the best candidate for this role to email@example.com