Join our team
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is Ireland’s premier event and has built a formidable reputation for delivering the very best in international film and film talent to Irish and International audiences each year. Its core elements include a select programme of the most exciting international cinema currently on offer, the best new Irish cinema, a retrospective of much loved and forgotten classics, a focus on screenwriting and unique access to a plethora of international filmmaking talent including actors, writers and directors and behind the scenes talent. An all encompassing event, carefully curated and ranging from the weird and wonderful to the glamorous and exclusive, DIFF turns the city into a film mecca for cinema-goers and experience-lovers of all kinds.
Soon coming into its 18th year, the Festival has grown to a maturity with a feature programme that charts the very best in new international cinema and a history of guests that include Al Pacino, Julie Andrews, Ralph Fiennes, Paul Schrader, Danny DeVito, Angela Lansbury, Stanley Tucci, Stellan Skarsgard, Kim Cattrall, Daniel Day Lewis, Claudia Cardinale, Russell Crowe and Kristin Scott Thomas. In addition there has been a vibrant, ongoing programming of year-round events with huge talents including Yorgos Lanthimos, Amy Schumer, Andrew Stanton, Ben Affleck, Quentin Tarantino, Bryan Cranston and Ennio Morricone.
As Festival advocate Colin Firth says: “You’ve got to go, it’s fantastic. It really is one of the best festivals around.”
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Key relationships: Festival Director, Head of Development and Marketing Festival Core Staff, Festival Staff, Title and Category Sponsors, Public Sector Funding partners, Private sector sponsors and partners, Venues, Suppliers, Potential Partners, Public, Volunteers, Supporters
Key Departments: All departments, apart from the artistic programme which is run by the Festival Director.
Annual Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Purpose of Job:
- To have responsibility for the management and direction of the company assets and staff
- To implement and secure a robust financial management system, and to establish a firm financial base for the company
- To source, develop and nurture excellent title sponsor and key funding partner relationships and communications
- To work closely, and jointly, with the Programme Director to deliver a world-class festival experience
- To sustain positive working relationships with all supporters and suppliers
- To develop and maintain a clear line of communication, and close functioning relationship, with the board of directors
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Financial Control, Management & Strategy
- Liaison with Key Sponsors
- Public & Private Sector Partners/Sponsors
- Communications Strategy
- Staff Recruitment and Management:
- Festival Management & Delivery
- Company Contract & Legal Requirements
- Future Developments - to work with other like-minded organisations, in developing the context and environment of festival promotion and growth domestically and internationally
Download the full job description here
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 10th May 2019.
Please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter via email or post to:
Mr. Aidan Greene
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival
The Digital Hub, Office 2.3, 157 Thomas Street, Dublin 8, D08 T91Y
(Cover letter & CV contained in one document only please)