A weekly round-up of film news, events and cinema releases
Some news from the week -
1. The 62nd Cork Film Festival has launced it's 2017 programme. Taking place across 10 days from November 10-19, this year’s Festival will screen more than 200 films, with the majority being Irish premieres. Check out their full programme on CorkFilmFest.org
2. Channing Tatum has pulled his upcoming sex abuse drama from The Weinstein Company following recent allegations against co-founder Harvey Weinstein. Read the full story on ScreenDaily
3. Universal Pictures present the world premiere of Conor McGregor: Notorious on Wednesday, November 1st at The Savoy Cinema, Dublin. Check out Scannain for more info
4. The trailer for "I Love You, Daddy" by Louis CK has been released online. It's CK's first feature film direction in 16 years. Check out the trailer on entertainment.ie
5. Cartoon Saloon's "Puffin Rock", narrated by Chris O'Dowd, has been nominated for an International Children's Emmy Award. The animation is a co-production between Cartoon Saloon, Dog Ears, Pengiun and Netflix. Read more on IFTN
New releases in cinemas this week -
*denotes an Irish film
Geostorm - Directed by Dean Devlin and starring Abbie Cornish, Andy Garcia, Ed Harris, Gerard Butler, Katheryn Winnick and Robert Sheehan
"As a man heads into space to prevent climate-controlling satellites from creating a storm of epic proportions, his brother discovers a plt to assassinate the president."
Happy Death Day - Directed by Christopher Landon and starring Israel Broussard, Jessica Rothe and Ruby Modine
"Tree must relive the same day over and over again until she figures out who is trying to kill her and why."
I Am Not A Witch - Directed by Rungano Nyoni and starring Chileshe Kalimamukwento, Gloria Huwiler, Travers Merrill
"Folllowing a banal incident in her local village, 8-year old girl Shula is accused of witchcraft. After a short trial she is found guilty, taken into state custody and exiled to a witch camp where she is shown the rules surrounding her new life as a witch."
Marshall - Directed by Reginald Hudlin and starring Chadwick Boseman, Dan Stevens, Josh Gad, Kate Hudson and Sterling K. Brown
"About a young Thurgood Marshall, the first African-American Supreme Court Justice, as he battles through one of his career-defining cases."
My Little Pony: The Movie - Directed by Jayson Thiessen and starring Emily Blunt, Kristin Chenoweth and Uzo Aduba
"When a dark force threatens Ponyville and the Mane 6, they go on a journey to the end of Equestria to save their beloved home. They meet new friends and dangerous challenges along the way"
The Death of Stalin - Directed by Armando Iannucci and starring Andrea Riseborough, Jason Isaacs, Jeffrey Tambor, Olga Kurylenko and Steve Buscemi
"Soviet Russia, 1953. Stalin has died suddenly, leaving behind a vacuum of squabbling factions of underlings attempting to seize power."
Brawl In Cell Block 99 - Directed by S. Craig Zahler and starring Dan Amboyer, Jennifer Carpenter and Vince Vaughn
"A former mechanic-turned-drug runner lands in a prison battleground after a deal gets deadly. While there, he's ordered to kill a fellow inmate or his wife and his unborn child will be murdered."
Earth: One Amazing Day - Directed by Richard Dale, Lixin Fan and Gelin Yan, starring Jackie Chan and Robert Redford
"From BBC Earth Films comes an astonishing journey revealing the awesome power of the natural world. Over the course of one single day, we track the sun from the highest mountains to the remotest islands to exotic jungles."